State-of-the-art manufacturing process
- XEOMIN is a purified botulinum toxin type A produced from fermentation of Hall strain Clostridium botulinum serotype A
- XEOMIN science isolates the active toxin from the non-toxic accessory proteins
- Botulinum toxin type A consists of a heavy amino acid chain (molecular weight 100 kDa) and a light amino acid chain (molecular weight 50 kDa) connected with a single disulfide bond that is essential for biological activity.
- The botulinum toxin type A complex (neurotoxin + accessory proteins) has a size of 900 kDa, of which 150 kDa is neurotoxin.
- For XEOMIN, accessory proteins are removed during the manufacturing process.